Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Wraping a small paper gift the fun way

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is watching my boys open their Christmas presents on Christmas morning. This year I got my oldest son, car insurance and the car my dad gave him registered so he has some wheels when he gets his license next month. (Oye Vey) This was quite a big expense and took up a good part of his portion of my Christmas budget. It made me a little bit sad to think he'd get to open one or two little things and then an envelope with papers in it. Sooooo, I decided to do something different. Something that would let him open presents and have fun.

First thing I did was make this certificate. The picture's a little hard to tell but it says: World's Soon To Be Best Driver...in recognition of getting your car registered and insured. You may now drive your car. I then included it and the registration and insurance card in a box that opened up to show them nicely.


I then made little cards/papers with cute says on them like This isn't your present...keep going...not there yet...etc. Then I got a bunch of different boxes to put those in:


Then I put the actual gift box in the bottom of the box and threw all the other boxes, totalling I believe 12 boxes, in on top of the present box. I used every shape an size I could think of.


Then I wrapped it all up pretty and put a bow on it.




Now he'll have just as many or more presents to open. Hee! Hee! This was my frugal way of giving him a fun and good Christmas. I hope he enjoys it as much I did coming up with it!

No comments: