Monday, December 22, 2008

FREE TP & the rest of my shopping "experience:

Today I did some grocery shopping, partly for Christmas dinner; partly for the fact we will be eating 3 meals a day at home for the next 2 weeks while I’m off work, and of course, there was a sale and I was armed with coupons. I don’t have my camera set up yet but I’ll work on that later & post some pictures. (that always makes it seem more real! Lol)

My first stop was to Walgreens were I attempted to pick up a Conair blow dryer for $10 and get a $10 RR (register return) making it virtually free but I was too late. They were gone before 5 am! It was a great deal; but I do still have my loyal dryer. I was able to take advantage of their Pepsi product sale and picked up 4 – 12 pks of pepsi products for the 4/$12 deal and received a $3 RR (my first, yeah me!) I always seem to miss something when I try to do the RR specials. That made them 4/$9 (just under $3 a piece) I also picked up 2 of the 15 count waters for $1.99 each with Walgreens coupon. We went back after our trip to Kroger & price comparison on the Betty Crocker Brownie bowls. I had 3 coupons for .50 off two and they were on sale for 3/$5. I used my $3 RR .

I picked up MANY (too many probably) things at Kroger but my brag deals have to be the Pillsbury Frozen Biscuits on sale 2/$5 then I had .50 off Coupons which were doubled making them $1.50 each. I bought 6 making it a total of $9.oo PLUS each bag had a $1 off coupon for Pillsbury frozen Cinnamon rolls!! So that’s kind of like only spending $3 (ok that might be stretching it but you get the picture). Now my favorite deal which my family is so tired of me bragging about it is one I have to give props to the ladies (& a few gents) on HOTCOUPONWORLD.COM! Thanks to a tip from one of the ladies in the Kroger forumn I learned that Kroger carries the 4 pk Cottonelle TP for $0.99 I surfed the web until I found 4 $0.50 coupons which Kroger doubled. DRUMROLL……..I purchased 4 packages of the 4-pk Cottonelle for a grand total of -$0.04!!!! I also had earned enough points to get $0.10 off per gallon which I needed gas so I filled my 4 wD up for $30.00 which never seems to happen. Again…Yeah me! Lol

Without boring you with all my items here’s an overview: At Walgreens I saved $14.50 and at Kroger $36.45…$15 of that was pure coupons! It was a productive day and I feel like I really accomplished something today. It took some work surfing the web and digging through my coupons but it was well worth it. For those out there that say you can get the off brand for cheaper than wasting your time with coupons…well yes, sometimes you can but sometimes the coupon, combined with a sale, and the right store that doubles can make the name brand cheaper than the off brand. It just takes time to comparison shop. My advise…invest in a good calculator…or carry your 14 year old math whiz…that’s what I do.

No comments: