Friday, December 19, 2008

Learning from JANE4girls $800 Annual Budget

There’s an amazing woman online out of Texas who has inspired not only myself but hundreds of people online to buckle down, get creative, and save on groceries and more. On her blog, JANE4girls $800 Annual Budget For A Family of 4, she not only tells you how she spends next to nothing on groceries she also shows you how to do it. With gift cards earned from rebates, surveys, and even test drives, she recently took herself and her girls to Red Lobster and ate for $1.85!!! I haven’t even been able to take my crew to McDonald’s for less than $20 but I’m inspired to look into this. Erin, who holds free couponing classes in her hometown of Katy, Texas, has taken couponing and frugal living to a new and fun level. She still lives like she spends a ton but has maintained an $800 budget with change to spare for this year. On her blog she shares her secrets to getting the best deal and even shares some recipes in which she uses items from her stockpile of goodies. All the things she does she does to share the knowledge she has gained learning to live frugally and still have fun. The coupon classes she holds in Katy, Texas she does at no charge so that she can share with others how to save and live a better life. During this time of economic downturn, it’s refreshing to find a great resource for not only information on saving some of our hard earned money but encouragement to enjoy the fruits of our labors as well as life in general. Kudos to this great motivator of the frugal. Thanks for helping us all learn to live for less. Great job, Erin! Great job!

Check her great blog out at : http://jane4girls800dollarannualbudget.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

JANE4girls said...

thank you for your kind words. It still shocks me to know that I have helped so many others make ends meet in today's hard time.

Angie said...

Kind of random....but you can sell McDonald's toys on eBay for $4.97. I'm nutty when it comes to getting everything for free.

Thanks for reading!!! :) Angie

Cat said...

Thank you both for stopping by! Angie, I actually have stopped by and got Happy Meals for my lunch and have saved the toys for "stocking stuffers". But I never thought about selling them on ebay. My guys have out grown the happy meals though but I never will.