Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Need to learn to plan ahead

Yes. I really need to learn to plan ahead. Last night we had a pretty good ice blanket cover the area. While we only had ice, which was bad enough, north of us got the winter mix with snow and all. The kids were out of school and quite honestly, I was not prepared. We had food in the house but nothing I could really throw together for them to fix quickly while I was at work. So I decided to run into Save a lot after work and pick up a few toss in the microwave items and some chips and cereal and canned spegettio's and the like. $61!!! Had I been planning all this time I could have had a stockpile and not had to worry about finding something quickly. I could have had coupons and been buying a little along the way. So this is a lesson I've experienced and now I have to move on and start preparing now. I wish I could say I've got some clue as to what to be looking for. I really don't. I would like to have an afternoon free where all I had to do was bake and fix goodies for them to snack on but I just haven't gotten there yet. Maybe when we are on Christmas break (I get 2 weeks since we shut down for institutional closing yeah me) I can dive into some baking and snack making as well as some form of multi meal cooking. Time to dig out some coupons and start hitting the sales and clearance isle.

OH and yes they are running in and checking the TV for school closings every 10 minutes!

Today's Spending:
Save A lot $61.98
Dollar General $25.95
Total Spend to date: $87.93

No comments: