Sunday, February 8, 2009

OSO* Fresh product to save your fruits and veggies



I am a semi-homesteader, well, ok, I'm not much of a homesteader but I'm taking baby steps. One of those steps is I grow many of my veggies in the summer to can and freeze to eat all winter long. However, I still have a weakness for fresh fruits and veggies I can't grow so I turn to the store or market to get them. The only problem is we have to eat them so quickly because the frig turns them to moldy mush in the container, bags, or whatever we store them in. Well, leave to my friend Erin at Jane4Girls$800Annual Budget has found a great product, and of course tested it first hand, that will take away those mushy, moldy fruit blues.

It's called OSO* Fresh Food Containers and they look amazing. I know you're think "I've got to many plastic bowls", these are no ordinary plastic bowls.




Oso* Fresh™ Food Storage Containers are infused with EPA registered and
FDA approved micro-sized silver particles which are proven to reduce bacterial
growth and keep food fresher. While the silver particles keep bacteria out, the
easy-to-open snap on lids keep freshness in. Stackable units nest into one
another for easy storage. Microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe.


At first glance I thought they were pricey, but looking around the site I noticed you could by individual containers and in reality they are comparable to the "T"ware we buy at parties. The only difference is these will SAVE us money and time - time of buying new fruits and veggies and time from throwing out the unidentifiable stuff in the mystery bowl in the back of the fridge.

No comments: